Who loves you? We do! Who loves bacon? You do!Every year, our love for you manifests itself in the form of Baconfest Chicago – the only place in the universe where Chicago’s greatest restaurants share their bacon genius with you, our beloved bacon community. Grab your tickets here.
Our love for you is so great that Baconfest is not enough. To back up that declaration, we’re developing a whole month’s worth of bacon activities for you to experience.
2017 plans are still being fleshed out – but here’s last year’s Bacon Month menu of activities for your delectation.
Bacon Month Bacon Specials
It’s true that you can experience Bacon Paradise at Baconfest, but you don’t have to be at the UIC Forum on April 30 & May 1 to get a taste of what Baconfest is all about. Here is a constantly updated list of restaurants that are making their Baconfest dish (or something else special and bacony) available during Bacon Month for you to try.
Freestyle food and drink: Wanna try Chef Geordan’s Peanut and Bacon Butter with Apricot Jam sandwich with Peach-Infused Milk? Guests checking in on Friday afternoons will be offered the sandwich, and you can order the whole shebang at Saturday and Sunday Brunch all month long. (pic)
Homemade Sin Bakery: these bacony treats are available year round – AND at Baconfest! Maple Bacon Glazed Scones (pic); BaconFat Gingersnaps (pic) Chocolate PB Salted Caramel Bacon Fudge (pic). Get some!
Honey Butter Fried Chicken: Chefs Josh and Christine are getting in on the Bacon Month fun with an Herby Ranch Mac Salad with bacon and pickled spring onions ($4.50). Get thyself to Honey Butter and try it out! (pic)
WHISK Chef Ricky Rodriguez reports that they offer an 8-oz. burger named “Ron Swanson” wrapped in a pound of bacon, served on a six-ounce potato bread and topped off with four ounces of bacon mayo. Get some! PLUS Whisk is doing a full Ron Swanson Takeover for the month – all the walls will have portraits of this bacon hero and his portrayer Nick Offerman. Has to be seen to be believed and the paintings will be auctioned off at the end of the month.
Wow Bao All day, every day, you can snag a Hoisin-glazed pork belly open-faced bun at any Wow Bao location except the Water Tower Place. Wow Bao’s signature steamed dough stuffed with glazed pork belly, spicy mayo, hoisin, picked vegetables, and fresh herbs. $3.49 each.
Head on in! Tell ‘em Baconfest sent you.
Bacon Month Event List
- April 1, 2016Bacon Discounts at Jewel-Osco
- April 5, 2016 7:00 pmBACON BOCCE BOOZE - Bacon Month Kick Off Party
- April 7, 2016 7:00 pmKevin Bacon Movie Night @ACME Hotel
- April 9, 2016 1:00 pmVolunteer Day at the Greater Chicago Food Depository
- April 12, 2016Bacon All Day - Chop Shop
- April 14, 2016 7:00 pmKevin Bacon Movie Night @ACME Hotel
- April 19, 2016 6:00 pmBakin' With Bacon - CHOP SHOP
- April 19, 2016 6:00 pmBacon / Bourbon Special @ CHOP SHOP
- April 19, 2016 7:00 pmBakin' With Bacon - CHOP SHOP
- April 21, 2016 7:00 pmKevin Bacon Movie Night @ACME Hotel
- April 26, 2016 5:00 pmBeer, Bourbon and Bacon
- April 28, 2016 7:00 pmKevin Bacon Movie Night @ACME Hotel
- April 30, 2016 11:00 amBACONFEST - Saturday Lunch Session
- April 30, 2016 6:00 pmBACONFEST - Saturday Dinner Session
- May 1, 2016 11:00 amBACONFEST - Sunday Brunch Session (Presented by Jewel-Osco)
Bacon Month Sponsor Fun
Here are some cool ways that Baconfest sponsors are making April the most bacony month of the year!
From 4/6 – 5/3, go shopping for bacon at any area Jewel-Osco store. Pick any three items with the “For Love of Bacon” label, and you’ll automatically receive 10% off those items.
Pay a visit to the ACME Hotel Company (15 E Ohio) and check out their Bacon Mania:
- Pop Up Bacon Store – bacon tchotchkes galore!
- Bacon Cocktails at the Berkshire Room
- Kevin Bacon Movie Nights, every Thursday from 4/7 – 4/28
- Bacon Insta Gallery – buy bacon art from Instagram’s best foodie shutterbugs
- Book a Bacon-Themed Stay with their Embrace the Bacon Package.
In addition to hosting our Kickoff party, Chop Shop (2033 W North) has a full month of Bacon fun planned
- 4/12 – It’s Bacon All Day with bacon specials at breakfast, lunch and dinner
- 4/19 – Bakin with Bacon – bacon baking classes at 6pm and 7pm.
- 4/19 – Bacon & Bourbon Specials - from 6pm-9pm enjoy bacon & bourbon pairings.
- 4/26 – Beer Bacon & Bourbon – Chop Shop chefs will pair bourbon and beer with bacon specials.