Greetings Bacon Nation (and more specifically, all those with tickets to Saturday’s SOLD OUT Baconfest Chicago),
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: Baconfest Chicago is NOT merely a celebration of Bacon-gluttony, (though yes, that’s undeniably the huge selling point – we understand.) For the fourth straight year, we, the Baconfest Triumvirate, along with our roster of fantastic sponsors and guest chefs are coming together to support a charity partner we deeply believe in: THE GREATER CHICAGO FOOD DEPOSITORY (GCFD). We are thrilled to collaborate with an organization doing such valuable and necessary work providing food for hungry people while striving to end hunger in our community.
In addition to our donation from proceeds, we are also co-hosting a Food Drive and Raffle for the GCFD at the event.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
On April 20th, please bring donations of non-perishable food with you to Baconfest Chicago 2013 for our Food Drive. Why?
- If Karma is not reason enough, guests who bring non-perishable food for the drive will be given raffle tickets to win some truly amazing prizes. For every 2 cans of food donated, guests will receive 1 raffle ticket.
- AND A BONUS: One of our sponsors, Eckrich, has come on board as a matching partner for 2013!! Eckrich will match pound for pound everything we collect with a donation of Bacon Lovers Deli Meats up to 2500 pounds for the GCFD. This is AWESOME. Just AWESOME. Thank you Eckrich for joining us in support of the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
- Not into schlepping food? Rest assured you can still help by purchasing raffle tickets at the event. Tickets will cost $5 per ticket. $20 will purchase 6 tickets (2 extra for the bulk purchase). 100% of raffle sales goes directly to the GCFD.
- What are these raffle prizes? See the glorious list below.
The GCFD will be raffling mega-gift-packs to include items from the following Baconfest Chicago 2013 generous sponsors:
- Baconfest Chicago – Baconfest SWAG!
- Bakon Vodka - Bakon Vodka Bloody Mary Kit – One bottle of Bakon Vodka, one bottle of their signature Bloody Mary Mix, pepperoni straws and recipe/guide
- Big Fork Brands - Big Fork Cooler & Grill kits (1 lb. Big Fork Bacon Sausage, tongs, thermometer, and towel all in a portable Big Fork cooler)
- Candid Wines - Selections from Girasole Wines and Tenuta Santome Prosecco
- Dreymiller and Kray - Gift boxes of an assortment of their bacons (all delicious)
- Four Eyes Hand Made – “A Cut Above the Rest” – Hand drawn, screenprinted t-shirt illustrating the cuts of the pig. From spare rib and loin, to belly adjoined, wear your favorite cut proudly. Available in men’s and women’s sizes
- Greenbush Brewing Co. - $30 gift certificate to their Taproom in Sawyer Michigan and a 6 pack!
- Jones Dairy Farm - A Case of Signature Hickory Smoked “Dry Aged” Bacon
- Know Your Flag – A Unique T-shirt designed by artist Meng Yang of Know Your Flag
- Labatt Blue – Labatt Blue Signature Hockey Sticks
- Mozo Shoes - Offering pairs of shoes (MOZO Bacon Shoes – lightweight, slip-resistant and made for long hours on your feet) from their chef signature series
- Nueske’s - Duluth Trading Company Cooler/Briefcase Combo Bags filled with food and cookbooks (“Zingerman’s Guide To Better Bacon,” “Garlic & Sapphires,” “Hungry Monkey,” and “White House Chef”)
- Pabst Blue Ribbon – Pabst Blue Ribbon official hoodie, iPhone 4 case, t-shirt and sleeping bag
- Salted Caramel - Bacon Bourbon Caramel Corn “Pig Out” (24oz bag) and Bacon Bourbon Caramel Corn Strong Man T-Shirt
- Spencer’s Jolly Posh Foods - Packs of his amazing artisan gourmet sausages and meats
- Templeton Rye - Bottles of Templeton Rye
Got tix for BFC on Saturday? Toss a few cans of food in a bag and bring them down to the Food Drive for some raffle tickets! Best, most Bacony raffle in town, guaranteed!
Thanks Bacon Nation. See you Saturday!
Andre, Michael and Seth