Greetings Bacon Nation (and more specifically, all those with tickets to Baconfest Chicago on April 30/May 1),
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: Baconfest Chicago is NOT merely a celebration of Bacon-gluttony, (though yes, that’s undeniably the huge selling point – we understand.) For the seventh straight year, we, the Baconfest Triumvirate, along with our roster of fantastic sponsors and guest chefs are coming together to support a charity partner we deeply believe in: THE GREATER CHICAGO FOOD DEPOSITORY (GCFD). We are thrilled to collaborate with an organization doing such valuable and necessary work providing food for hungry people while striving to end hunger in our community.
In addition to our donation from ticket proceeds, we are also co-hosting a Food Drive and Raffle for the GCFD at the event.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
On April 30/May 1, please bring donations of non-perishable food with you to Baconfest Chicago 2016 for our Food Drive. Why?
- If Karma is not reason enough, guests who bring non-perishable food for the drive will be given raffle tickets to win some truly amazing prizes. For every 2 cans of food donated, guests will receive 1 raffle ticket.
- Not into schlepping food? Rest assured you can still help by purchasing raffle tickets at the event. Tickets will cost $5 per ticket. $20 will purchase 6 tickets (2 extra for the bulk purchase). 100% of raffle sales goes directly to the GCFD.
- What are these raffle prizes? See the glorious list below.
The GCFD will be raffling several mega-gift-packs per session to include items from the following Baconfest Chicago 2016 generous sponsors:
2016 RAFFLE PRIZES
- ACME Hotel Company: Gift certificate for a one night stay in a King Suite at the luxurious ACME Hotel (based upon availability – not redeemable for cash – non transferable)
- Baconfest Chicago: Assorted SWAG (t-shirts, hats, aprons) and tickets to Baconfest Chicago 2017
- Big Fork Bacon Sausage: The Ultimate 4-Pack – includes all 4 flavors of Big Fork Bacon Sausage (and a handy 6-pack cooler)
- Burton’s Maplewood Farm: Bottles of their incredible artisan maple syrup.
- Candid Wines: Award winning organically grown wines from Girasole Vineyards
- Chiro One: branded bag, t shirt, water bottle, complimentary 2 day VIP services, ear phones, pen and hair brush
- Four Eyes Handmade: “I Believe in Bacon” merit badge
- Goose Island: Assortment of six-packs of Goose Island seasonal ales
- High Brew Coffee: Cases of delicious coffee along with assorted fun High Brew SWAG
- Jewel-Osco: $50 and $25 Jewel-Osco gift cards
- Koval Distillery: Private tour and tasting passes for up to 20 people of Koval Distillery in Ravenswood Chicago
- Lagunitas: Gift bag including beer mugs, hats, magnets and other assorted Lagunitas branded SWAG
- Lookingglass Theater Company: 2 tickets to any production in the Lookingglass Theater 2016-2017 season
- North American Breweries: A Labatt Warrior Hockey Jersey (value: $75)
- Nueske’s Applewood Smoked Meats: Nueske’s Cooler On Wheels, Cap, Apron, Bamboo Utencil Set, “Zingerman’s Guide to Better Bacon” book, “Seduced By Bacon” book, Grommeted Small Cutting Board, 8 oz pkg Honey Ham Sticks, 6 oz pkg Landjaeger, 6 oz pkg Beef Sticks
- Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine: Bottles of award winning libations and assorted SWAG
- Pabst Blue Ribbon & Old Style: A variety of assorted hoodies, T-shirts, coozies and PBR/OLDSTYLE SWAG
- Palo Popcorn: 12-pk 3 oz. variety case – 3 bacon cheddar, 3 bacon jalapeno, 2 premium cheddar, 2 white cheddar, & 2 jalapeno cheddar
- Revolution Brewery: A sixer, hat, and koozie combo
- Smeraldina: Cases of Italian Sparkling Water (24 bottles / case)
- Templeton Rye: Bottles of their amazing libation
Got tix for BFC? Toss a few cans of food in a bag and bring them down to the Food Drive for some raffle tickets! Best, most Bacony raffle in town, guaranteed!
Thanks Bacon Nation. See you soon!!
Andre, Michael and Seth