Greetings Bacon Nation (and more specifically, all those with tickets to Saturday’s SOLD OUT Baconfest Chicago),
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: Baconfest Chicago is NOT merely a celebration of Bacon-gluttony, (though yes, that’s undeniably the huge selling point – we understand.) For the third straight year, we, the Baconfest Triumvirate, along with our roster of fantastic sponsors, vendors and guest chefs are coming together to support a charity partner we deeply believe in: THE GREATER CHICAGO FOOD DEPOSITORY (GCFD). We are thrilled to collaborate with an organization doing such valuable and necessary work providing food for hungry people while striving to end hunger in our community. Feel free to read more about our partnership with the GCFD here.
In addition to our donation from proceeds, we are also co-hosting a Food Drive and Raffle for the GCFD at the event.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
On April 14th, please bring donations of non-perishable food with you to Baconfest Chicago 2012 for our Food Drive. Why?
- If Karma is not reason enough, guests who bring non-perishable food for the drive will be given raffle tickets to win some truly amazing prizes. For every 2 cans of food donated, guests will receive 1 raffle ticket.
- Not into schlepping food? Rest assured you can still help by purchasing raffle tickets at the event. Tickets will cost $5 per ticket. $20 will purchase 6 tickets (2 extra for the bulk purchase). 100% of raffle sales goes directly to the GCFD.
- What are these raffle prizes? See the glorious list below.
BFC will be raffling mega-gift-packs to include items from the following Baconfest Chicago 2012 generous vendors and sponsors:
- Baconfest Chicago Tshirts/caps
- A la Card Chicago – deck of 52 cards–just like playing cards–each describes a unique chef-driven, owner-operated restaurant and is also a $10 gift certificate to that restaurant.
- Big Fork Brands – Big Fork Cooler & Grill kits (1 lb. Big Fork Bacon Sausage, tongs, thermometer, and towel all in a portable Big Fork cooler)
- Burton’s Maple Syrup - Variety gift packs featuring their delicious bourbon-infused syrups
- Cabot Creamery Cooperative – $75 gift certificates for gift packs of assorted Cabot cheeses
- Candid Wines - 3 packs of assorted Girasole Wines and Santome Prosecco
- Chefwear – Awesome aprons with the embroidered BFC logo
- Chicago Reader – Day Passes to the Pitchfork Music Festival
- Dreymiller and Kray – Gift boxes of an assortment of their bacons (all delicious).
- Greenbush Brewing Co. – Gift packs including 6-pack, pint glasses, Gift Cards, and other fun merch
- Jo Snow Syrups – Bottles of hand crafted syrups for cocktails, coffee, sodas & snow cones
- Mozo Shoes – Offering pairs of shoes (bacon themed chef clogs) from their chef signature series
- Nueske’s – Ari Weinzweig’s book, “Zingerman’s Guide To Better Bacon”, signed by Tanya Nueske
- Paulina Meat Market – $50 gift boxes of assorted smoked snack sausages
- Pigchaser BBQ – BBQ sauce gift packs, each set comes with 3 different flavors, an apron, & a basting brush
- Reyka Vodka – Bottles of Reyka
- Spencer’s Jolly Posh Foods – Packs of his amazing artisan gourmet sausages and meats
- Templeton Rye – Bottles of Templeton Rye
Got tix for BFC on Saturday? Toss a few cans of food in a bag and bring them down to the Food Drive for some raffle tickets! Best, most Bacony raffle in town, guaranteed!
Thanks Bacon Nation. See you Saturday!
Andre, Michael and Seth
SIDE NOTE: Don’t forget, we are hosting the first ever Baconfest Chicago Volunteer Day on May 5th at the Greater Chicago Food Depository. Please consider joining us on for a 3 hour volunteer session from 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm. The GCFD is on the southwest side at 4100 W. Ann Lurie Place. We’ll go have a beer after! It’ll be fun! Click here to RSVP