What a turnout! We had 33 contestants competing for 5 finalist slots. And over 4500 votes were cast. Awesome. Just awesome. Let me first say that the caliber of recipes this year was just off the charts spectacular. Thank you to all who took the time to submit.
It was a CLOSE CLOSE CLOSE contest and we three Baconfest triumvirs would have had an immensely difficult time picking only five out of the fantastic entries.
Please know that there were 3 voting groups that had to be reconciled:
- The Nueske’s folks. (Yes, they are sort of like super-delegates. What can I say, they sponsor this thing.)
- The Baconfest Chicago Triumvirate. (Some more opinionated than others.)
- The popular vote.
It was NOT easy to come to this decision. Harder than it’s ever been before. Know that there are many GREAT recipes that came close but did not make the Final 5. See them all here: 33 contestants
Once again, a HUGE shout out to Megan Dorsch and Nueske’s Applewood Smoked Meats for hosting this contest and for their major sponsorship of Baconfest Chicago!
Here are the Final Five Bacon Cylons in alphabetical order:
3. Lindsey Brown – Bacon Bread Pudding with Salted Caramel Sauce (with Pic)
9. Chuck Falzone – Bacon Burnt Ends (with Pic)
13. Cindy Knott – Bacon Sticky Buns (with Pic)
21. Joel Norris – Bacon Encrusted Arancini with Mozzarella and Bacon Center (with Pic)
29. Judith Singer – Caramelized Fig Sorbet w/ Toffee-Bacon, Fig & Bacon Jam in Bacon Cone
Thank you again to all who entered! We will be contacting each of the finalists with information on how to obtain your tickets to the event.
We recommend keeping an eye out for some upcoming ticket giveaway contests including the Bacon Poetry Contest currently in progress.
And of course thanks to NUESKE’S APPLEWOOD SMOKED MEATS for hosting this contest as part of their Sponsorship. They RULE and so does their Bacon.