Well, here we are again in December on the verge of our annual crescendo towards Baconfest Chicago 2014 – April 25th and 26th the UIC Forum. This will be our 6th multi-chef event since our inaugural outing at the Publican in 2009. How time flies when you and your friends get to run the coolest gourmet culinary fest EVER!
It’s holiday time and we at Baconfest Chicago along with our VIP Hour sponsor, the Cooking Channel, have a meaty gift idea or all you bacon-lovers and lovers of bacon-lovers. On Monday December 2, we will be releasing a limited number of tickets for the Baconfest Chicago Cooking Channel VIP Hours (April 25th and 26th, 2014). Cost: $200 per ticket plus $5.99 ticketing fee. VIP tickets are non-refundable and non-transferrable (more on that below).
A note on the schedule and format for Baconfest Chicago 2014:
- Due to popular demand from guests, sponsors and restaurants, for the first time EVER, Baconfest Chicago will be divided into THREE exhibition sessions, over the course of TWO DAYS: A Dinner Shift on Friday April 25th and a Lunch Shift and a Dinner Shift on Saturday April 26th. Each shift will feature a “VIP Hour”, presented by the Cooking Channel, prior to the 2.5 hour “General Admission” period.
- Why two days? It is no secret: Baconfest Chicago’s popularity boggles the mind. Each year we sell out faster and have more amazing restaurants and sponsors eager to participate. We want our event to retain its relative intimacy, so rather than cramming more people into a larger venue, we have added an additional exhibition session to keep things intimate while accommodating more restaurant and sponsor partners, as well as guests. Plus we can raise even more money and awareness for our Charity Partner, The Greater Chicago Food Depository!
Each $200 Ticket to the Cooking Channel VIP Hours includes:
- Entry to Baconfest Chicago one hour prior to the general admission crowd for the shift for which it was purchased
- All the bacon dishes and beverages you can handle before the crowds descend.
- Mingle with press, bloggers, judges and other VIPs and enjoy access to the chefs and their dishes in the quiet of the pre-game environment.
- We will sell no more than 175 VIP tickets total per session.
You may choose one of the three Cooking Channel VIP session times below:
- FRIDAY APRIL 25th Dinner Session - 6:00pm to 7:00pm – ticket valid until 9:30pm.
- SATURDAY APRIL 26th Lunch Session - 11:30am to 12:30pm – ticket valid until 3pm.
- SATURDAY APRIL 26th Dinner Session - 6:00pm to 7:00pm – ticket valid until 9:30pm.
We anticipate at least 50 exhibiting chefs in attendance for each session, plus bacon-entrepreneurs, bacon-loving brands, and liquor sponsors.
If you wish to attend MULTIPLE sessions as a VIP, you must purchase separate VIP tickets for each session. Do this at your own risk (we will NOT call you an ambulance).
WARNING: This VIP offer is for die-hard Baconfest Chicago Fans only. REPEAT, we have not finalized the chef line-up yet. There are absolutely no promises as to who the exhibiting chefs will be and we do not yet know who will be exhibiting at each session, but for a list of last years chefs, see Chefs 2013. To see last years menu, see Menu 2013.
Q: When will we know which chefs will be at what session?
A: We will announce this information in early 2014. Until then, you must trust that we will assemble a nicely balanced offering at each session.
Q: Can we change which session we want to attend after the Chef Line-up is announced?
A: We can NOT guarantee that everyone who requests a ticket swap will receive one, but pending availability, we will ABSOLUTELY do our best to accommodate your request.
Q: What is Baconfest Chicago like?
A: For an overview of the event, see this great feature that aired nationally on the Today Show last Spring: http://www.today.com/video/today/52012532#52012532 and the Food Network: http://baconfestchicago.com/our-cable-debut
So, do you trust us? Enough to be willing to buy tickets based on our track record of stellar events – and the knowledge that bacon in the hands of professionals is… well… GREAT!? If so, this holiday offer is for you.
General admission tickets will go on sale for $100.00 once the chef line-up is announced in 2014, so don’t feel any pressure. This offer is for those looking for a killer holiday gift and guaranteed early admission to the glory that will be Baconfest Chicago 2014.
Tickets available at the link below STARTING DECEMBER 2 at 10am:
BUT FIRST, READ THIS: VIP Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferrable. However, if ordering tickets as gifts, Eventbrite allows the buyer to specify the individual name for each ticket purchased. If more than one ticket is issued under the same name – this is okay – but that person must accompany everyone using his/her tickets into the fest as we will be checking IDs to ensure they match the tickets.
Enjoy! And may your holidays be bountiful with bacon!
Yours in bacon,
Andre, Mike, and Seth
P.S. Be sure to check out the Baconfest Chicago On-Line Store for other BFC merchandise (T-shirts, sweatshirts, caps, etc.) They make great gifts!
Baconfest Chicago VIP Hours presented by Cooking Channel