Trough Trash is a white chocolate covered, Nueske’s bacon, sweet and savory snack mix.
Nueske’s Bacon – 1lb
White chocolate – 1lb
Crispix – 5 cups
Mini pretzel stix – 2cups
Peanut M&M’s - 1 bag
2 Large mixing bowl
- Cook the Nueske’s Bacon in the frying pan until crisp.
- Remove Nueske’s bacon and pat dry on paper towels. This will absorb extra grease.
- When bacon is completely cooled crumble into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl on medium heat for 45 seconds at a time. Stir after each 45 seconds until smooth and liquid.
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl except the Nueske’s Bacon and white chocolate.
- Slowly pour half of the white chocolate over the dry ingredients waiting in the bowl.
- Use your large spatula to gently fold the white chocolate over the ingredients.
- Add the rest of the white chocolate and carefully keep folding.
- Once all ingredients in the bowl are covered, sprinkle on the Nueske’s Bacon and give it one last toss.
- Transfer to a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Place it in the freezer for 2 minutes to allow the chocolate to adhere to the ingredients.
- Once chocolate has set transfer to a bowl, if it even makes it that far, and enjoy!