Bacon Popcorn Toffee Bars
What it is:
Bacon, toffee, and popcorn…does it get better? 7 layer bar who? This is a 5 layer bar… 6 and 7 are extra bacon is the best bar you will ever consume. It is crunchy, chewy, salty, sweet, and is extremely hard to stop eating.
1. 1lb of Nueske’s bacon
2. 6 cups of popcorn
3. 15 graham crackers
4. 1-1/2 cups of unsalted butter
5. 3/4 cup of sugar
5. 1 cup of chocolate chips
6. sea salt flakes
1. Cook bacon in the oven at 300 until crispy
2. Heat the oven to 350
3. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper
4. Coat the parchment with nonstick spray
5. Arrange graham crackers on the bottom of the tray to cover the whole tray
6. Chop bacon
7. Top with popcorn and chopped bacon
8. Place butter and sugar into a sauce pan
9. Bring to a boil stir until syrupy and golden brown 8-10 mins.
10. Pour toffee mixture into the tray evenly
11. Bake toffee in the oven until the color of a brown paper bag and bubbling 10-12 mins.
12. Remove from oven and add the chocolate chips
13. Let cool for 15-20 mins.
14. Add the salt flakes
15. Cut and enjoy!