Dear Bacon Nation:
We have 33 contestants competing for 5 finalist slots in the Nueske’s Applewood Smoked Meats Baconfest Chicago 2012 AMATEUR COOK-OFF. I must say, so many of the recipes look AWESOME!
Their recipes are below, some more elaborate than others, many with photo documentation. We at Baconfest Chicago would love some input. Please give us some feedback in the comments field below as to your favorites AND scroll all the way to THE VERY BOTTOM of this page to VOTE.
By next Monday March 5th, the Baconfest Chicago Triumvirate and our friends at Nueskes, informed (but not mandated) by popular feedback, will choose the 5 finalists (or as we call them, “the Final 5 Bacon Cylons”) each to receive two free tickets to Baconfest Chicago 2012.
We look forward to your thoughts. (And not to imply that those without photos are absent merit, but some of the photos below are truly Food-porn-tastic!)
Thanks Nation. And thanks to all those who took the time to submit.
Please read carefully:
• You may view the complete titles/details/photos for each entry by clicking on the links below. (BUT clicking the link does not mean you voted for them – the Poll is at the BOTTOM OF THE PAGE).
1. Jeffrey Bathe – A Slice of Bacony Bliss
2. Linnea Berg – Sprecher Cherry Cola Braised Bacon Banh Mi (with Pic)
3. Lindsey Brown – Bacon Bread Pudding with Salted Caramel Sauce (with Pic)
4. Phil Bruzan – BBQ Bacon and Onion Meat Loaf (with Pic)
5. Janelle Carew – Smoked Bacon Ravioli with Herbed Apple Cider Sauce (with Pic)
6. John Carruthers – Southern-Style Bread Pudding w/ Candied Bacon, (with Pic)
7. Beth Cummings – Bacon S’mores (with Pic)
8. Daylan Drummond – Bacon 3-Way (with Pic)
9. Chuck Falzone – Bacon Burnt Ends (with Pic)
10. Barbara Felt-Miller – “The Piggy Pop” (with Pic)
11. Amanda Gilmore – Bacon Squash & Ricotta Ravioli in Sage Cream Sauce (with Pic)
12. Alex Gonzalez – Bacon, Jalapeno, Cheese, and Bean-filled Pupusa
13. Cindy Knott – Bacon Sticky Buns (with Pic)
14. Michael Lintal – Rustic Apple Tart w/ Bourbon Berries, Bacon Fat Butter Crust (with Pic)
15. Erik Loose – Popeye’s Heart Attack (with Pic)
16. Kristine McKenna – Peanut Peanut Butter Bacon Sandwich (with Pic)
17. David Melegari – Bacon-wrapped Stuffed Pepper Trio (with Pic)
18. Lisa Melegari – Bacon Cannoli (with Pic)
19. John Messina – Bacon and Ginger Biscotti (with Pic)
20. William Mierisch – Bacon-Wrapped Boneless Pork Ribs (with Pic)
21. Joel Norris – Bacon Encrusted Arancini with Mozzarella and Bacon Center (with Pic)
22. Jessi Papke – Potato Crêpe with Bacon-Zucchini Filling & Fontina Cheese Sauce (with Pic)
23. Michael Raimo – Triple Bacon, Jalapeño Cheese Burger Soup Paired with a Cold IPA
24. Joe Ruesewald – Maple Bacon Baklava (with Pic)
25. Jessica Rush – Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Tots (with Pic)
26. Elizabeth Schuler – Bacon Apple Caramel Poptart w/ Bacon Bourbon Maple Icing (w/ Pic)
27. Kelley Scott – Bacon Crosshatched Meatloaf (with Pic)
28. Kirk Sloan – Sauerkraut Bacon
29. Judith Singer – Caramelized Fig Sorbet w/ Toffee-Bacon, Fig & Bacon Jam in Bacon Cone
30. Jenni Spinner – Ginger-Peach-Bourbon-Bacon Ice Cream w/ Bacon Shortbread (w/ Pic)
31. Katie Stempniak – Goat Cheese Bacon Pops (with Pic)
32. Brian Vogler – Bacon, Gruyere and Caramelized Onion Hot Buns (with Pic)
33. Sean Mulcahey – Bacon Balls AKA Oink Squared (with Pic)
- The polling software works best in Safari, Firefox or Chrome. There are known issues with Internet Explorer. Please do NOT use IE if it can be avoided.
- Please understand that you can only vote ONCE from any given internet connection. Do not vote prematurely or you will not have a chance to vote again from that internet connection. If you are logging on from work and sharing your internet connection with other coworkers who have voted you will not be allowed to vote – wait until you get home and try again.
- Please select your favorite 5 (or less) entries, AND THEN hit “vote”. REPEAT, only hit “Vote” once. Do not hit “vote” until you are done marking you selections.
Having trouble voting?
• Try using a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, and Safari are all confirmed working)
• Try using a different internet connection (if you are at work, someone else may have already voted from your connection – try again from home)
• We cannot respond to emails related to voting issues, please try the suggestions listed above.