Greetings Bacon Nation,
We know these contests are coming fast and furious. Can you blame us for wanting to give you as many opportunities as possible to win free tickets to Baconfest Chicago on April 25/26th? The next installment in our bacon olympics is The Baconfest Chicago 2014 Bacon Cocktail Contest.
So here’s how this works:
We want your bacon-cocktail recipes. Please read carefully before you submit an entry:
- Deadline to submit is Friday March 28 at noon central.
- Must be an original recipe.
- Must use actual bacon or bacon-fat as an ingredient.
- Recipe must be measured in fluid ounces.
- Recipe must have a name.
- Recipes that have ingredients which are originally produced (i.e. smoked cherries, syrups, etc) must include recipes for those ingredients
- Please submit a photo of your finished cocktail.
Submit recipes to [email protected]
By Friday March 28 at 5:00 PM, we will notify you if you are a finalist. The three finalists are required to:
- Attend the Judges Panel hosted by Baconfest at The Bacon Month Kickoff Cocktail Party on Tuesday April 1 at the Berkshire Room in the ACME Hotel Company. The judging will happen at 6:15 PM, before the party starts at 7:00 PM. You will be given two comp tickets to attend the party.
- Be ready to prepare and to present your cocktail to a select panel of judges.
- Be prepared to mix a maximum of five cocktail samples. You must bring your own ingredients as well as any equipment required to create the drink.
To see what a winning entry looks like, please see our friend Mike Sula’s Recap of 2012′s competition and winner Zach Piper’s Recipe for the Barded Blackbird.
The winner of this years contest will be announced immediately following the judging on April 1. The victor will be given a pair of tickets to Baconfest Chicago (April 25/26) to the exhibition session of their choice.
If you haven’t yet, you can still get tickets to attend the Bacon Month Kickoff Cocktail Party by clicking here.
Plus, a few tickets remain for our Friday Dinner session – you can purchase those by clicking here.
There you have it Bacon-Nation. Who out there thinks they have a bacon-cocktail that will blow our socks off? Bring it on!
Andre Von Baconvitch.