Dear Bacon Nation:
In the spirit of the impending mayoral run-off election, we are here to report the winners of our own “internal” democratic process! Due to a combination of circumstances, no Facebook voting was required this year to narrow down the field. But, before we do, a few reminders:
A dwindling supply of tickets for our Friday Dinner session remain for sale. Buy them here!
A new contest was announced last week – The Baconfest Chicago 2015 Bacon Poetry Contest. See the details and enter here to win!
Speaking of cocktails, have you bought your tickets yet for the 3/31 Bacon Month Kickoff Cocktail Party at The Berkshire Room? No? You can! Buy those here!
Alright! That’s enough of that!
We we are pleased to announce the 6 finalists of the Nueske’s Applewood Smoked Meats Baconfest Chicago 2015 AMATEUR COOK-OFF.
A Reminder to the 6 Finalists. You are required to do the following:
- Attend Baconfest on April 17th (Friday Dinner Session) as guests of Nueske’s and Baconfest Chicago. (You will be given one contestant pass and two GA tickets for your friends).
- Arrive at 6:30 pm for contestant orientation and you will be escorted to a private backstage room for prep.
- Bring 5 or more tasting portions of your dish to be served to a panel of selected judges.
- Be present for the Golden Rashers Awards ceremony circa 9:00pm when the winner of the Nueske’s Bacon Amateur Cook-off will be announced and presented with a Golden-Rasher Trophy (plus some prizes from Nueske’s t.b.a. – but I bet Bacon will be involved.)
- NOTE New for 2015: Nueske’s will provide you with bacon a week PRIOR to the event to use in your dish (if you want it.)
Parameters of your dish:
You are welcome to bring any equipment you may need with you (please run large, plug-in, or fuel powered devices past us first). In the prep area you will NOT be given facilities to cook your dish on site from scratch. We will have a microwave on site for heating, and you will be given time to set presentation prior to serving. Take this into account when planning your recipe! We will provide plates/flatware for serving. Beverage pairings are acceptable.
One more shout-out to our Sponsor Nueske’s Applewood Smoked Meats. Their generosity (and great bacon) fuels this cook-off and Baconfest Chicago!
Thanks Nation. And thanks to all those who took the time to submit.