Hello Bacon Nation!
By now, you know what there will be to eat at Baconfest Chicago (April 6 and 7, 2018 at the UIC Forum). But you may not realize what all we’ve got in store on the drink side. So, here’s a little info to get you up to date on all the amazing beverages we’re pairing with bacon at the fest. Ticket holders that are 21 years old and up get seven drink tickets good for samples from our beverage partners (except bacon-only ticket holders! no alcohol for you!).
So, first step – head on over to the ticketing page and grab YOUR tickets to Baconfest Chicago!
Then feast your eyes on our drink menu.
POTENT POTABLES – The Spirits of Baconfest
Our pals at Breakthru have partnered with the finest spirits brands around to craft a set of five unique cocktails for our Baconfest guests.
- Hendrick’s Gin, Pineapple, Lime, Creme de Cacao – shaken like crazy and served over ice.
- Dickel 12 “Old Fashioned” – George Dickel No. 12 Tennessee Whiskey, turbinado sugar, orange bitter, aromatic bitters.
- Old Forester 86 – Old Forester bourbon, English Breakfast tea, lemon, peach and honey syrup.
- Templeton Four-Year Rye, Giffard vanilla, cherry, lemon, aromatic bitters. Shaken and strained, served up.
- Tito’s Vodka Bloody Mary – garnished with celery, bacon, burger, hot dog, chips and salsa!
But those are not the only cocktails available at Baconfest, oh no.
Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine will be on hand at our Saturday sessions serving up the following:
- Hunch Punch Cooler – Ole Smoky Hunch Punch Lightnin’ & Sprite
- Blackberry Lemonade – Ole Smoky Blackberry Moonshine & Lemonade
- Mango Habanero Whiskey with Pineapple Juice and Sprite
Old Forester’s 86 will be available from the Breakthru Megabar, but VIP ticket holders also get access to their Whiskey Row Tasting Series, available for sampling in the Old Forester Speakeasy VIP lounge:
- 1870 Original Batch - a 90-proof minimally filtered homage to Old Forester’s original recipe
- 1897 Bottled in Bond - a 100-proof distillation crafted to honor a watershed moment in bourbon history, the U.S. Bottled-In-Bond act of 1897
- 1920 Prohibition Style - a 115-proof expression of Old Forester that reflects the style of bourbon in vogue during Prohibition.
Cicero Beverage Company is teaming up with Bakon Vodka and Chicago Distillery’s Ceres Vodka to offer:
- Bakon Bloody Mary – CBC’s Premium Bloody Mary Mix with the original Bakon vodka
- Bacon Bloody Mary – CBC’s Bacon Flavored Bloody Mary mix with Chicago Distilling’s Ceres Vodka
Bulleit Frontier Whiskey is joining Baconfest for the first time this year – they’ll be serving:
- Bulleit Bourbon
- Bulleit Rye
- Bulleit 10-Year Bourbon -
- A unique batched cocktail to be named at a later date!
Also new for 2018, Glenfiddich will be on hand, offering samples of various expressions of their delicious Scotch.
- Glenfiddich – 12 Year Old Signature Malt
- Glenfiddich – 14 Year Bourbon Barrel Reserve
- Glenfiddich – India Pale Ale Cask
Another new addition on the Scotch front – Johnnie Walker Red Label will be there offering thoughtful mixed drinks:
- Johnnie Walker Red with Fever Tree Bitter Lemon Soda
- Johnnie Walker Red with Fever Tree Club Soda
- Johnnie Walker Red with Fever Tree Ginger Beer
But that’s not all, dear readers.
BUBBLES – BEER AND CIDER
Beer lovers will have plenty of options at Baconfest!
Lagunitas Brewing Company will be there, pouring:
- Sumpin’ Easy
- 12th of Never
- Dark Swan
- Waldo Special Ale (PROBABLY!)
Deschutes will also be on hand serving up a variety of craft beers from the Breakthru Megabar.
- Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA
- Deschutes Mirror Pond Pale Ale
- Deschutes Pacific Wonderland Lager
- Deschutes Black Butte Porter
Our friends from Pabst Brewing will be there to make sure everybody has the makings for a classic Chicago beer experience with:
- Pabst Blue Ribbon
- Pabst American Pale Ale
- Old Style
- Old Style Light
- Old Style “Cooler by the Lake” Radler – a brand new canned shandy made by Old Style.
Of course, it wouldn’t be Baconfest without the help of our neighbors to the North. Labatt Blue is back with cans of Labatt Blue and Labatt Blue Light.
You can also get beer samples from a few of our restaurant partners, including Piece Pizzeria and Smylie Brothers.
If you love bubbles but not beer, we’re delighted to report that Virtue Cider will be pouring awesome hard cider made from Michigan apples for guests. Expect to see:
- Michigan Apple - semi-dry cider is made from heirloom Michigan apples, then blended with hand-pressed juice from this year’s harvest.
- Michigan Honey - a blend of hand-pressed heirloom Michigan apples that is aged in French oak barrels, and local wildflower honey
- Rosé – a brand new rosé cider for spring 2018 - a blend of hand-pressed heirloom Michigan apples aged in French oak barrels
- The Mitten - a blend of last season’s pressed apples, aged in Bourbon barrels for up to one year, then back sweetened with this year’s fresh pressed apple juice
We’re excited to welcome two new wines to Baconfest this year!
Dark Horse Wines will be pouring a selection of their meticulously crafted, shockingly good California wines.
Local favorite, Cooper’s Hawk Winery and Restaurants, will be at Baconfest too, pouring a selection of their hand-crafted vintages.
- Pinot Noir
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Blanc de Blanc
- Sauvignon Blanc
SOFT DRINKS TOO!
Looking to quench your thirst at Baconfest? Complimentary soft drinks will be available throughout the event.
Smeraldina is our long-time water sponsor – they’ll offer still and sparkling bottled water from Italy’s island paradise, Sardinia.
Bai will also be back with their 5-calorie drinks in exotic fruit flavors.
And for those who need a caffeine fix to keep on bacon-ing, we’ll have a brand new local coffee partner – Big Shoulders Coffee will be pouring hot and cold brew fresh-roasted, no-nonsense, artisan coffee.
Heard enough? OK! See you at Baconfest.