Pig Mix is a salty, smoky, bacon fat infused munchie mix.
- Rice Chex 12.8oz
- Corn Chex 14oz
- Wheat Chex 14oz
- Mini Pretzel Sticks 4 cups
- Nueske’s Applewood Smoked Bacon 2lbs
- Worchestershire Sauce 6Tbsp
- Seasoned salt 1.5Tbsp
- Garlic Powder 2tsp
- Onion Powder 2tsp
- Melted Butter .5cups
- Liquid Smoke 2Tbsp
- Rendered Bacon Fat 1cup
- Frying Pan
- Large cookie sheet
- Parchment Paper
- 1 large spatula
- Paper Towels
- Measuring utensils
Preparation of dish:
- Preheat oven to 275F
- Cook Nueske’s Bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan and pat dry with paper towels.
- Leave Nueske’s rendered bacon fat in the frying pan and add melted butter.
- Stir with spatula to mix fat and butter together.
- Add Worchestershire and liquid smoke to the butter and bacon fat and stir.
- Lay all of your dry ingredients on your large cookie sheet and sprinkle with seasoned salt, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Carefully pour liquid over all of the dry ingredients.
- Gently mix with your large spatula to make sure that the Chex and pretzles all get coated.
- Place the large cookie sheet in the oven for 15 minutes take out and toss ingredients with your large spatula.
- Repeat step 10 every 15 minutes(4x)
- Once it has been baked let cool for 20 minutes.
- Last but not least crumble up the crisp bacon and add it to the Pig Mix.