From Scott Behrens:
“Frying cauliflower in bacon fat with bacon is absolutely delicious. And no need to feel that guilty, this dish is super low carb and high in bacon calories which you know are the best calories ever. Also if you are wondering, coconut aminos is like soy sauce, only a bit sweeter.”
8-10 Strips Bacon
2 pound cauliflower (core removed, trim down to florets only)
1/2 Yellow onion (minced)
2 Garlic cloves (minced)
1 Jalapeno (minced, seeds removed)
1.5 Tbs coconut aminos
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 Tbs coconut oil
1 Tbs. julienned cilantro (for topping)
1. Steam cauliflower until it’s tender but not overcooked.
2. Once steamed, mash cauliflower in a pot with fork until the florets are rice sized.
3. Add onions, garlic, jalapeno, eggs, coconut aminos, sea salt, and coconut oil to the pot and combine.
4. Grab a skillet and cook bacon until crisp.
5. Remove bacon from skillet but leave the rendered fat in.
6. Slice bacon into small pieces about 1/2 inch squares works well
6. Add cauliflower mixture and the small pieces of bacon to the skillet and stir to coat the bacon fat.
7. Cook over high heat without stirring for about 5 minutes.
8. Stir, then cook for another 10-15 minutes until cauliflower is browned.
9. Serve in a big bowl with some fresh cilantro on top.