Greetings Bacon Nation,
Last week, tickets SOLD OUT whiplash fast – and for the next few weeks we’ll be switching gears to feature some of our fabulous partners who are coming together to make April 14th spectacular starting with perhaps the most important:
We are proud to announce THE GREATER CHICAGO FOOD DEPOSITORY as the charity beneficiary of Baconfest Chicago 2012. Baconfest Chicago is about more than just bacon-gluttony (though that is undeniably a huge selling point). All who participate in Baconfest Chicago and get their gourmet bacon-fix, are helping a great cause. For the third straight year, we are thrilled to be able to support an organization doing such valuable and necessary work providing food for hungry people while striving to end hunger in our community.
Last year, we made a $25,000 donation to the GCFD out of proceeds, and ran a successful Food-drive and Raffle culminating in over 65,000 pounds of food raised for the GCFD. To read more about last years’ efforts, see Baconfest 2011 by the Numbers.
In 2012, we are building our partnership even more:
- We will make a cash donation of $40,000 to the GCFD to be presented to them on April 14th at the fest.
- Baconfest Chicago is again co-hosting a Food Drive at the Fest to collect non-perishable food donations from our guests.
- We’re also partnering with the GCFD on a Raffle in conjunction with our April 14th Bacon-celebration, 100% of the proceeds benefit the GCFD, with prizes to be announced provided by our sponsors, vendors and restaurant partners.
- Spearheaded by one of the Baconfest spouses, Kerensa Peterson, we are hosting the first ever Baconfest Chicago Volunteer Day on May 5th at the Greater Chicago Food Depository. Yes, that’s right, she is working to harness the power of a Bacon Nation Army. Read more about Kerensa’s efforts here. Please consider joining us on May 5, 2012 at the Greater Chicago Food Depository for a 3 hour volunteer session from 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm. The GCFD is on the southwest side at 4100 W. Ann Lurie Place. We’ll go have a beer after! It’ll be fun! Click here to RSVP
How can you help? On April 14th, please bring donations of non-perishable food with you to Baconfest Chicago 2012 for our Food Drive.
- If Karma is not reason enough, guests who bring non-perishable food for the drive will be given raffle tickets to win some truly amazing prizes. For every 2 cans of food donated, guests will receive 1 raffle ticket.
- Not into schlepping food? Rest assured you can still help by purchasing raffle tickets at the event. Tickets will cost $5 per ticket. $20 will purchase 6 tickets (2 extra for the bulk purchase).
- What are these raffle prizes? Stay tuned for a full roster of the mind-blowing vendor packages full of bacony-goodness which will be awarded to lucky winners.
To learn more about the GCFD, visit https://baconfestchicago.com/greater-chicago-food-depository