Dear Bacon Nation:
In the spirit of the ongoing election season, we are here to report the winners of our own democratic process! But before we do, a quick reminder: Tickets for Baconfest Chicago (April 30 and May 1) are still available. Buy them here!
We we are pleased to announce the 5 finalists of the Nueske’s Applewood Smoked Meats Baconfest Chicago 2016 AMATEUR COOK-OFF.
- 1. Bacon Peanut Buttercup Thumbprint Cookies – (Cynthia Flamm)
- 2. Bacon Popcorn Toffee Bars – (Ashtin Hara)
- 3. Nueske’s Bacon Meatloaf – (Stella Lee)
- 4. Elvis Cheesecake – (Andrea Naseef)
- 5. Bacon Buffalo Deviled Eggs – (Bill Rickey)
A Reminder to the 5 Finalists. You are required to do the following:
- Attend Baconfest on May 1 (Sunday Lunch Session) as guests of Nueske’s and Baconfest Chicago. (You will be given one contestant pass and 4 GA tickets for your friends).
- Arrive at 11:30am for contestant orientation and you will be escorted to a private backstage room for prep.
- Bring 5 or more tasting portions of your dish to be served to a panel of selected judges.
- Be present for the Golden Rashers Awards ceremony circa 1:45pm when the winner of the Nueske’s Bacon Amateur Cook-off will be announced and presented with a Golden-Rasher Trophy and a certificate for A YEAR’S WORTH OF BACON (plus some other prizes from Nueske’s t.b.a.)
Parameters of your dish:
You are welcome to bring any equipment you may need with you (please run large, plug-in, or fuel powered devices past us first). In the prep area you will NOT be given facilities to cook your dish on site from scratch. We will have a microwave on site for heating, and you will be given time to set presentation prior to serving. Take this into account when planning ! We will provide plates/flatware for serving.
One more shout-out to our Sponsor Nueske’s Applewood Smoked Meats. Their generosity (and great bacon) fuels this cook-off and Baconfest Chicago!
Thanks Nation. And thanks to all those who took the time to submit.