Greetings Bacon Nation:
This information is for those who already have tickets. The event is SOLD OUT. Do not come if you do not already have tickets.
Those of you who already have tickets to Baconfest Chicago should have received a confirmation e-mail with pertinent details, but in case there are questions, here is some general information. (e-mail [email protected] if questions).
725 West Roosevelt Road
For directions, see: http://www.uic.edu/depts/
AND TO BE 100% CLEAR, Baconfest Chicago 2012 is happening at the UIC Forum (not the UIC Pavillion).
When should we show up?
That depends on which session (Lunch or Dinner) you purchased tickets for and if they are VIP or General Admission. You should definitely make sure you have your tickets to confirm when to attend. Here is the schedule:
10:30am – VIP and General Admission check-in desks are open for the LUNCH SESSION.
11:30am – Doors open for LUNCH SESSION VIP ticket holders.
12:30pm – Doors open for LUNCH SESSION GENERAL ADMISSION ticket holders.
3:00pm – LUNCH SESSION ends. Event is closed.
4:30pm – VIP and General Admission check-in desks are open for the DINNER SESSION.
5:30pm – Doors open for DINNER SESSION VIP ticket holders.
6:30pm – Doors open for DINNER SESSION GENERAL ADMISSION ticket holders.
9:00pm – DINNER SESSION ends. Event is over. (Come to the after party at the Cobra Lounge).
1. BRING YOUR TICKET AND YOUR GOVERNMENT-ISSUED PICTURE ID – We need to see your ID for two reasons: We will be checking IDs against names on tickets and we will card hard for drinks at the fest. If you cannot demonstrate that you are of legal age, you will not drink.
2. WHAT IF MY NAME’S NOT ON MY TICKET? – If somebody else bought your ticket and didn’t put your name on it, please be with them when you go to check in. We will not be able to check in anybody whose name is not on their ticket unless the purchaser is present.
4. BRING CASH FOR THE EXPO- Your ticket includes tasting portions from the Guest Chefs, samples from the vendor expo, as well as drink tickets for beverages from our assorted booze sponsors. BUT you are going to want to buy stuff from the amazing bacon-vendors, I G-U-A-R-A-N-T-E-E! And bring smallish bills – some vendors will have credit card processing but the expo is primarily cash-only.
5. WEAR COMFY CLOTHES - and clothes that you won’t mind terribly if some one bumps into you and spills bacon grease on you. We’re sold out. There are gonna be a lot of bacon-crazed freaks running around. Not saying you need to wear a Hazmat suit or anything – but you know what I mean. Dress is casual. Wear COMFY SHOES – it’s a milling around eating and moving kind of event. We do have high boys and some chairs, but it is NOT a sit-down dining situation. Wear whatever you’ll be comfortable standing and moving in for your time with us.
6. BRING CANNED FOOD for the Greater Chicago Food Depository Food Drive. Those who donate food will be rewarded with free raffle tickets. The more non-perishable food you bring, the more raffle tickets you’ll receive. If you don’t bring food, you can also buy raffle tickets for cash. And the raffle prizes are INCREDIBLE! More info here: https://baconfestchicago.com/
PARKING: Ample parking is located in a pay lot two blocks west of the UIC Forum at 1135 S. Morgan St. Lot 5. ($9) http://g.co/maps/4y77t
PUBLIC TRANSIT: Options are plentiful. The Blue line stop is (UIC HALSTED) and the Halsted Bus stops right at the corner of Halsted and Roosevelt.
See you Saturday!!!!!