Greetings Bacon Nation (and more specifically, all those with tickets to Baconfest Chicago on April 25/26),
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: Baconfest Chicago is NOT merely a celebration of Bacon-gluttony, (though yes, that’s undeniably the huge selling point – we understand.) For the fifth straight year, we, the Baconfest Triumvirate, along with our roster of fantastic sponsors and guest chefs are coming together to support a charity partner we deeply believe in: THE GREATER CHICAGO FOOD DEPOSITORY (GCFD). We are thrilled to collaborate with an organization doing such valuable and necessary work providing food for hungry people while striving to end hunger in our community.
In addition to our donation from ticket proceeds and our April Bacon-month Dine-around Program, we are also co-hosting a Food Drive and Raffle for the GCFD at the event.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
On April 25/26, please bring donations of non-perishable food with you to Baconfest Chicago 2014 for our Food Drive. Why?
- If Karma is not reason enough, guests who bring non-perishable food for the drive will be given raffle tickets to win some truly amazing prizes. For every 2 cans of food donated, guests will receive 1 raffle ticket.
- Not into schlepping food? Rest assured you can still help by purchasing raffle tickets at the event. Tickets will cost $5 per ticket. $20 will purchase 6 tickets (2 extra for the bulk purchase). 100% of raffle sales goes directly to the GCFD.
- What are these raffle prizes? See the glorious list below.
The GCFD will be raffling FOUR mega-gift-packs per session to include items from the following Baconfest Chicago 2014 generous sponsors:
2014 RAFFLE PRIZES!!
- ACME Hotel Company: Gift Certificate for a one night stay in a King Suite at the luxurious ACME Hotel (based upon availability – not redeemable for cash – non transferable).
- Baconfest Chicago: Assorted Baconfest Chicago SWAG (T-shirts/hats/Aprons).
- Bacon Hot Sauce: Bottles of their award winning sauce.
- Big Fork Bacon Sausage: The Ultimate 4-Pack – Includes all 4 Flavors of Big Fork Bacon Sausage.
- Candid Wines: Solar Powered Prosecco from Tenuta Santome and Award winning organically grown wines from Girasole Vineyards.
- Chubs vs. Hox: A Unique Pig Poster designed by artist Meng Yang of Know Your Flag.
- Diffraction / Four Eyes Handmade: Custom made Piggie bottle openers
- Dreymiller & Kray Bacon: Gift boxes containing an assortment of their bacons (all delicious).
- Enjoy, an Urban General Store: The Enjoy Bacon Gift Bag – An assortment of the finest and funniest Bacon-themed gifts, gags and novelties.
- Fortune Fish & Gourmet: $100 gift baskets of their non perishable specialty products.
- George Chambers: Unique hand-crafted artisan scrap-metal Pig Sculptures.
- Goose Island Brewery: A guided walking tour through one of the cities most renowned breweries including tasting samples of an assortment of Goose Island seasonal ales.
- Greenbush Brewery: $30 gift certificate for use at the Greenbush Brewing Co. taproom in Sawyer, Michigan and a Greenbush stainless steel growler.
- Jones Dairy Farm: Specialty Jones Dairy Farm branded T-shirts
- Koval Distilleries: A private tour and tasting passes for up to 20 people of the Koval Distillery in Ravenswood Chicago.
- Lagunitas Brewing Company: A gift bag including beer mugs, hats, magnets and other assorted Lagunitas branded SWAG.
- Lookingglass Theater Company: Tickets to CASCABEL starring Rick Bayless (tickets include drinks/appetizers/dinner and the show).
- North American Breweries: A custom Labatt Blue Hockey Stick.
- Nosh This: Bacon Crack/3 Little Pigs – signature butter-toffee with bacon and almonds dipped in dark chocolate, along with Bacon Salted Caramels and Bourbon Bacon Rocky Road.
- Nueske’s Applewood Smoked Meats: $50.00 Nueske’s gift certificates for www.nueskes.com and a copy of “Zingerman’s Guide To Better Bacon” written by the amazing lapsed anarchist deli owner, Ari Weinzweig.
- Old Forester: A Bottles of delicious Old Forester Whiskey.
- Old Style & Pabst Blue Ribbon: Old Style Light “Chicago” T-shirt, Old Style iphone 4 case, Old Style Beer Cozie, PBR limited edition t-shirt, PBR coozie, PBR sticker/chap stick.
- Revolution Brewing Company: A six pack of their finest Chicago-brewed beer.
- Salted Caramel: Bacon Bourbon Caramel Corn ‘Pig Out” (24oz) and Strongman Salted Caramel T-Shirt.
- Tito’s Handmade Vodka: A bottle of Tito’s Vodka and a gift basket.
- Whole Foods Market: Gift Baskets from Whole Foods Market including an assortment of wholesome merchandise.
Got tix for BFC? Toss a few cans of food in a bag and bring them down to the Food Drive for some raffle tickets! Best, most Bacony raffle in town, guaranteed!
Thanks Bacon Nation. See you soon!!
Andre, Michael and Seth