Greetings Bacon Nation (and more specifically, all those with tickets to Baconfest Chicago on April 17/18),
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: Baconfest Chicago is NOT merely a celebration of Bacon-gluttony, (though yes, that’s undeniably the huge selling point – we understand.) For the sixth straight year, we, the Baconfest Triumvirate, along with our roster of fantastic sponsors and guest chefs are coming together to support a charity partner we deeply believe in: THE GREATER CHICAGO FOOD DEPOSITORY (GCFD). We are thrilled to collaborate with an organization doing such valuable and necessary work providing food for hungry people while striving to end hunger in our community.
In addition to our donation from ticket proceeds, we are also co-hosting a Food Drive and Raffle for the GCFD at the event.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
On April 17/18, please bring donations of non-perishable food with you to Baconfest Chicago 2015 for our Food Drive. Why?
- If Karma is not reason enough, guests who bring non-perishable food for the drive will be given raffle tickets to win some truly amazing prizes. For every 2 cans of food donated, guests will receive 1 raffle ticket.
- Not into schlepping food? Rest assured you can still help by purchasing raffle tickets at the event. Tickets will cost $5 per ticket. $20 will purchase 6 tickets (2 extra for the bulk purchase). 100% of raffle sales goes directly to the GCFD.
- What are these raffle prizes? See the glorious list below.
The GCFD will be raffling FOUR mega-gift-packs per session to include items from the following Baconfest Chicago 2015 generous sponsors:
2015 RAFFLE PRIZES!!
- 93XRT: Two passes for a Studio X performance
- ACME Hotel Company: Gift Certificate for a one night stay in a King Suite at the luxurious ACME Hotel (based upon availability – not redeemable for cash – non transferable).
- Baconfest Chicago: Assorted Baconfest Chicago SWAG (T-shirts/hats/Aprons) AND General Admission to BFC 2016.
- Big Fork Bacon Sausage: The Ultimate 4-Pack – Includes all 4 Flavors of Big Fork Bacon Sausage.
- Cabot Creamery Cooperative – $25 Legacy Gift Boxes featuring an assortment of delicious Cabot products
- Candid Wines: Solar Powered Prosecco from Tenuta Santome and Award winning organically grown wines from Girasole Vineyards.
- Four Eyes Handmade: 20$ Gift certificate for all products
- Goose Island Brewery: An assortment of six-packs of Goose Island seasonal ales.
- High Brew Coffee – Cases of their delicious coffee along with hip T-shirts and SWAG
- Koval Distilleries: A private tour and tasting passes for up to 20 people of the Koval Distillery in Ravenswood Chicago.
- Lagunitas Brewing Company: A gift bag including beer mugs, hats, magnets and other assorted Lagunitas branded SWAG.
- Lookingglass Theater Company: Tickets to MOBY DICK and TREASURE ISLAND
- Marshfield Metal: Unique hand-crafted artisan scrap-metal Pig Sculptures.
- North American Breweries: A Labatt Warrior Hockey Jersey (value: $75).
- Nosh This: A box of our 3 Little Pigs, signature butter-toffee with bacon and almonds dipped in dark chocolate, along with Bacon Salted Caramels and Bourbon Bacon Rocky Road.
- Nueske’s Applewood Smoked Meats: “Hungry Monkey” Books, Nueske’s 12-Pack Cooler Bags, Nueske’s Bamboo Utensil Sets, Nueske’s Hats, Packages of Landjeager (1 lb. each)
- Oberto Brands: Packs of award-winning bacon jerky, and assorted t-shirts, jackets and SWAG
- Ol’ Smoky Moonshine: Bottles of their award winning libations and assorted SWAG
- Old Style & Pabst Blue Ribbon: PBR T-Shirt, PBR Limited edition Lunch Box, and PBR Coozie, Old Style zip up hoodie, Old Style t-shirt, Old Style coozie
- Revolution Brewing Company: A sixer, hat and koozie combo
- Smeraldina: Cases of Italian Sparkling Lemonade (24 bottles x case)
- Templeton Rye: Bottles of their amazing libation
- The Chicago Theatre: Two tickets to see Nick Offerman & Megan Mulally, Summer of 69: No Apostrophe Tour, Thursday, May 7 at the Chicago Theatre
- Whole Foods Market: Gift Baskets from Whole Foods Market including an assortment of wholesome merchandise.
Got tix for BFC? Toss a few cans of food in a bag and bring them down to the Food Drive for some raffle tickets! Best, most Bacony raffle in town, guaranteed!
Thanks Bacon Nation. See you soon!!
Andre, Michael and Seth