Greetings Bacon Nation – and more specifically, all those with tickets to Baconfest Chicago on March 31/April 1,
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: Baconfest Chicago is NOT merely a celebration of Bacon-gluttony, (though yes, that’s undeniably the huge selling point – we understand.) For the ninth straight year, we, the Baconfest Triumvirate, along with our roster of fantastic sponsors and guest chefs are coming together to support a charity partner we deeply believe in: THE GREATER CHICAGO FOOD DEPOSITORY (GCFD). We are thrilled to collaborate with an organization doing such valuable and necessary work providing food for hungry people while striving to end hunger in our community.
In addition to our donation from ticket proceeds, we are also co-hosting a Food Drive and Raffle for the GCFD at the event.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
On March 31 and April 1, please bring donations of non-perishable food with you to Baconfest Chicago 2017 for our Food Drive. Why?
- If Karma is not reason enough, guests who bring non-perishable food for the drive will be given raffle tickets to win some truly amazing prizes. For every 2 cans of food donated, guests will receive 1 raffle ticket.
- Not into schlepping food? Rest assured you can still help by purchasing raffle tickets at the event. Tickets will cost $5 per ticket. $20 will purchase 6 tickets (2 extra for the bulk purchase). 100% of raffle sales goes directly to the GCFD.
- What are these raffle prizes? See the glorious list below.
The GCFD will be raffling mega-gift-packs at each session to include items from the following Baconfest Chicago 2017 generous sponsors:
2017 RAFFLE PRIZES
- Baconfest Chicago: Assorted SWAG (t-shirts, hats, aprons) and tickets to Baconfest Chicago 2018
- Big Fork Bacon Sausage: The Ultimate 4-Pack – includes all 4 flavors of Big Fork Bacon Sausage
- Burton’s Maplewood Farm: Bottles of their incredible artisan Nueske Whiskey Bacon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup and Montana Honey Moonshine Barrel Aged Maple Syrup
- Chicago Theater Ticket Package: 2 tickets to any production in each of the Lookingglass Theater, Court Theater and TimeLine Theater 2017-2018 seasons (6 total)
- Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants: Cooper’s Hawk Magnum bottle of Meritage Wine, 3-Month Wine Club Membership, and a wine tasting for two
- Four Eyes Handmade: Chicago Coasters and Chicago Style Hot dog dish towels.
- Goose Island: Assortment of six-packs of Goose Island seasonal ales
- Jewel-Osco: $100 Jewel-Osco gift cards
- Lagunitas: Gift bag including beer mugs, hats, and other assorted Lagunitas branded SWAG
- Nueske’s Applewood Smoked Meats: Nueske cooler, cup, hat, cutting board, bacon book, and $30 gift card!
- Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine: Bottles of award winning libations and assorted SWAG
- Pabst Blue Ribbon & Old Style: A variety of assorted hoodies, T-shirts, coozies and PBR/OLDSTYLE SWAG
- Smeraldina: Cases of Italian Sparkling Water (24 bottles / case)
- Tahoe Kitchen Company: 3 sets of Hammer Stahl kitchen shears
- Virtue Cider: Cases of their delicious Lapinette Cider
- Zurer’s Zam Jam: Artisan Jam made by Baconfest Chicago co-founder Seth Zurer.
Got tix for BFC? Toss a few cans of food in a bag and bring them down to the Food Drive for some raffle tickets! Best, most Bacony raffle in town, guaranteed!
Thanks Bacon Nation. See you soon!!
Andre, Michael and Seth