Greetings Bacon Nation – and more specifically, all those with tickets to Baconfest Chicago on April 5 and April 6 (and those who buy tickets which you can still buy at this link),
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: Baconfest Chicago is NOT merely a celebration of Bacon-gluttony, (though yes, that’s undeniably the huge selling point – we understand.) For the ELEVENTH straight year, we, the Baconfest Triumvirate, along with our roster of fantastic sponsors and guest chefs are coming together to support a charity partner we deeply believe in: THE GREATER CHICAGO FOOD DEPOSITORY (GCFD). We are thrilled to collaborate with an organization doing such valuable and necessary work providing food for hungry people while striving to end hunger in our community.
In addition to our donation from ticket proceeds, we are also co-hosting a Food Drive and Raffle for the GCFD at the event.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
On April 5 and 6, please bring donations of non-perishable food with you to Baconfest Chicago 2019 for our Food Drive. Why?
- If Karma is not reason enough, guests who bring non-perishable food for the drive will be given raffle tickets to win some truly amazing prizes. For every 2 cans of food donated, guests will receive 1 raffle ticket.
- Not into schlepping food? Rest assured you can still help by purchasing raffle tickets at the event. Tickets will cost $5 per ticket. $20 will purchase 6 tickets (2 extra for the bulk purchase). 100% of raffle sales goes directly to the GCFD.
- What are these raffle prizes? See the glorious list below.
The GCFD will be raffling mega-gift-packs at each session to include items from the following Baconfest Chicago 2019 generous sponsors:
2019 RAFFLE PRIZES
- Aberlour: Bottles of Aberlour’s Single Malt Scotch Whisky including A’bunadh and a limited-edition bourbon cask aged release exclusive to Chicago only
- Baconfest Chicago: Assorted SWAG (t-shirts, hats) and tickets to Baconfest Chicago 2020
- Big Fork Brands: The Big Forkin’ Snack Pack (3 packs of pork jerky and 3 pork sticks)
- Big Shoulders Coffee: Bags of their delicious Columbian Coffee
- Burton’s Maplewood Farm: Bottles of their incredible artisan Barrel Aged Maple Syrup
- The Chicago Bears: Trey Burton Autographed White Panel Football
- Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants: Cooper’s Hawk Magnum bottle of Meritage Wine, 3-Month Wine Club Membership, and a wine tasting for two
- Getaround: Branded Getaround T-shirts
- George Dickel: Bottles of 12-year aged Whisky!
- Goose Island Brewery: Gift Cards, Brewery Tours and assorted branded SWAG
- Bulleit: Bottles of Bourbon!
- Jewel-Osco: $100 Jewel-Osco gift cards
Kinslahger Brewing Company: $25 gift certificate valid at the Kingslagher Taproom
- Labatt Blue: Labatt Blue USA Hockey Jersey
- MedMar Dispensary: Branded teeshirts and hats!
- Nueske’s Applewood Smoked Meats: Nueske’s Cooler Bag, Small Bamboo Cutting Board, Apron, XL tshirt, Hat, Giada DeLaurentiis spatula (for all your flippin’ needs) and Zingerman’s “Guide To Better Bacon” book
- Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine: Bottles of award winning libations and assorted SWAG
- Pabst Blue Ribbon: Assorted PBR branded SWAG
- Passanante’s Home Food Services: Gift Certificate for The Patrick Henry Package (which include Flat Iron Steaks, Fillet Mignon Burgers and Sliders, Italian Sausage, Bonce-in Venter Cut Pork Chops, and BBQ Chicken Breast Cutlets)
- Samuel Adams: Sam Adams Coleman Cooler plus assorted SWAG
S.A.C.R.E.D.: Rodrigo Cortez makes small-batch, uncertified agave spirits in Miahuatlan, Oaxaca. These 200ml flasks contain a spirit he distilled from 18-year-old arroqueno agave, which was roasted in a stone-lined earthen oven, milled by hand using wooden mallets, and fermented open-air in wooden tanks. His batches never get larger than 80 liters, so these small flasks are a special, rare treat that you’ll likely never see again.
- Smeraldina: Cases of Italian Sparkling Water (24 bottles / case)
- Tahoe Kitchen Company: 7.5″ Santoku Knife
- Virtue Cider: Vouchers for tour and tasting for 4 people at their Cider Farm in Fennville, MI
- Window Works: Discount Coupons and assorted SWAG
- Zurer’s Zam Jam: Artisan Jam made by Baconfest Chicago co-founder Seth Zurer.
Got tix for BFC? Toss a few cans of food in a bag and bring them down to the Food Drive for some raffle tickets! Best, most Bacony raffle in town, guaranteed!
Thanks Bacon Nation. See you soon!!
Andre, Michael and Seth