This year, we’re using Universe.com to sell tickets to Baconfest. Since it’s a new system, here’s a little guide on how it works.
Tickets to Baconfest are first come, first served. In the past, the ticketing system reserved your tickets for seven minutes you after you added them to your shopping cart to allow you time to complete the transaction. Universe.com doesn’t reserve your tickets until the transaction is complete. So, it’s in your interest to complete the transaction as quickly as you can: logging into Universe.com, selecting the number of tickets, filling in names and emails for each ticket and entering your credit card details.
Here’s our suggestion for how to get your tickets as quickly as you can.
1. Establish an account at Universe.com. You can do this now before general admission tickets go on sale. Go to Universe.com and click on the link in the upper right hand corner that says “Sign Up”. Then enter your name, email address, and password or use the Facebook, Google or Twitter “Connect” buttons.
2. Log into the account prior to the time when tickets go on sale. You can tell if you’re logged in by clicking on the button to buy tickets at Baconfestchicago.com/ticket.
If you’re logged in, it’ll show your icon and name above the order form, like this:
If you’re not logged in, you’ll see a form to sign up or sign in, like this.
3. On February 22, before tickets go on sale at noon, go to baconfestchicago.com/ticket and have emails and names ready to copy and paste into the order form for each ticket you want to buy. At noon, click on the button for the session you’d like to attend and select the number of tickets you’d like to buy. You’ll need to enter a first name, last name and email into each ticket you order. If you don’t know the names and emails for each person that’s going you can put your own name and email on each ticket.
4. Have your credit card info ready to copy and paste into the order form.
5. Submit your order!
6. Go to Baconfest and have fun eating tons of bacon!